Wednesday, July 25

Sangria! Sangria!

I'm looking through some sangria recipes trying to come up with my own version for an outdoor summer dinner party I'm throwing soon.

About two years ago I tried to make a pitcher of cherry mojitos. It was a BIG failure. My proportions were way off, I accidentally blended the mint leaves, and I ran out of frozen cherries. I remember finding the recipe on FoodNetwork (I think it was created by Giada, if anyone is interested in searching for it).


I promised myself that I would redeem my mixology skills this summer with a classic peach or orange sangria.

Here is the best one I found from allrecipes.com
--

Ingredients
1/2 cup brandy
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
  • 1/2 cup triple sec
  • 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
  • 1 orange, sliced into rounds
  • 1 lime, sliced into rounds
  • 1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
  • 8 maraschino cherries
  • 2 cups carbonated water (optional)



Directions

In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.

--

I might take away the lemon concentrate and double the recipe. 

Can't wait for August to start my cooking, baking and having fun in the kitchen again. 

Stay tuned for more recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment